[VAC] tankless water heaters

I don't think it was that specific model I was
looking at. There are so many "tankless"
companies popping up now that you have to be
careful. A plumber who fixes a lot of them in
commercial buildings told me that if you don't go
with a reputable company with a good track record
they can be a mechanical nightmare. The ones that
get high volume use apparently can break down a
lot.

I will do more research before choosing which
model and brand to use... the one I saw for $359
(don't remember the brand) said it was great for
RV's and recommended it only be used for sinks.
This is what made me think I might get the next
size up for about $100 more.

Home Depot sells at least one model but they did
not have trained sales people to offer any help
at the time I was water heater shopping... I
almost put one in my little 600 square foot house
that I just sold and I chickened out because you
are limited by how much hot water you can produce
at one time... you may not be able to high
pressure showers, AND you can usually only run 1
appliance at a time per "tankless unit".  Many
family size homes that use these put 3 or 4 in.
Using one in an RV would be great, though. It's
not like I'd be running a dishwasher and clothes
washer while I'm trying to shower!!

I'll be interested to hear what you find out.

Jill