[VAC] Pipe frames (was Modifiying rear bath ...)

Yeah I remember when Tuna brought his home, he was more excited than Jill is now,
if that's possible.  Lately he seems to be a little more subdued, I guess a
shell-off restoration will tend to do that.  although, you're doing great Tuna!
Keep at it!  Don't let all these Ralph lauren poseurs get to you!

Having been fishing around on RJ's site to get some answers on when various
options were introduced, currently I am taken by that 1949 Ambassador with TWO
DOORS!  may be a waste of valuable wall space but it seems like it would make the
interior feel so wide open.  (And think of the possibilities, if it's not too
pornographic to suggest it!)  On the floor plan diagram it seems you could order
it with a central shower/toilet.  It has 2 axles but I presume 1949 would also
have a pipe frame; is 28' kinda long for one of those?  Don't mean to pick on pipe
frames but I seem to have heard nothing but bad things about them on this list.
As I recall they tend to sag along the sides, split across the central axis, not
at the back like the late '60s rear-bath saggers?

--Sarah