[VAC] Re: tail lights

I went to the auto parts store today. It seems our truck parts store went
out of business! (While the rest of the country's economy booms, here in
Western PA we are still bust!)  Anyway, the LED lamps are 4 and 5/16 inches
in diameter and only 3/4 inch thick. They are the same size as my '71 GT
tail lights, I think. The also have a light with a S.S. flange around it for
flush mounting that is 5 and 1/2 inches diameter and 1 inch thick.   The
current draw for the LED combination stop, turn and tail light is 0.24 amps.
they didn't have any LED lamps at the auto parts store, so I will have to
find a truck store to see them up close. In the catalogue, they looked good.
The cost was about $25 each.

The '71 GT tail lights, which seem to be common to many trailers of that
vintage, are rotting out. My reflectors rotted to the point where the bulb
socket has come loose (and lost ground). I'm going to have to fix them
somehow. Right now, they are in there with epoxy putty and a ground wire
screwed into the base (with a very small screw! )  These LED lights might be
just the ticket. I might not need any relays in the system to make them
brighter.  This deserves more investigation!

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer/weimer.html