[VAC] call out encryptions

Joy:

         What do you mean by "highlight an e-mail?"  Do you mean simply
single-clicking on the list of messages?  I get all these messages,
highlight every one, and have *never* had a contained web site called up
automatically.
         I wonder if that is an option on your email client software...what
do you use?  I use Eudora Pro 5.0.  In it, there is a check box for "Allow
executables in HTML content."  That I have always had *un* checked, for
security reasons.  I don't use Outlook Express for the same reasons (it's
targeted by every virus maker in the world, simply because it's the
dominant client).  You might look into the "Options" or "Preferences" of
your client to see if that's something you can turn off; it may take a
while to find - there appears to be little in the way of standardization in
e-mail clients.  I'm sure your client doesn't insist on blindly executing
things received over the web, does it?  Anyhow, it's worth a try.
         I'd be upset too, if I had no control over these things (not that
I have much control over anything important in the computer world).

- Dick
(5368)