[VAC] Re: Genuine Ralph Lauren designed Airstreams

Those trailers are an interesting exercise in what something is "worth."  To
most people on this list, they are worth less than the carefully reconstructed,
mechanically functional units we drag around with pride, and their worth is
enhanced only marginally by all the fancy knick-knacks; for some it is reduced
because of how they were created (dumping all the vintage fittings).  The
descriptions on the web site are noticeably light on mechanical details; I would
think if they had rebuilt any axles or done any other useful restorative work,
they would talk about it.  Instead it is not possible to tell anything about
holding tanks, capacities, whether the toilet has a shower unit in it and floor
drain (looks like not) or whether the solar system has any of the neat usage
meters and other features that have been discussed here, for example.  Wonder if
the new owners of those units will end up here for advice on how to make them
really functional.  They say they are set up for "weekend" camping.  Not quite
like full-timing or even going to rallys!

--Sarah