[VAC] Genuine Ralph Lauren designed Airstreams MEA CULPA

Inside Design,
I do take responsibility for my words.  In my view, the Wilsonart
trailer was clean and avoided the sad fate of "cute-ing up" and "dumbing
down" of most contemporary design, but I found it way heavy on the
laminates and not enough contrast of textures and materials. It was a
breath of fresh air and helped turn the tide of trailer design toward
younger and more sophisticated buyers. It is unfortunate that I've never
yet had the chance to get inside and see the flow for myself.  It;
however, seems colder than the utility/surplus model I'm talking about.
Design is put out there and made to be compared.  You aren't dumb, and I
make the point of the funds lavished on these follies.  As for
"elitist", they are showcase examples like the Wilsonart trailer and I'm
willing to bet I could produce something as nice with a reasonable
budget.  They are charity write offs and much of the cost is in
appointments and accessories that no other trailer comes with. I
certainly was an oaf to slam your trailer design and could have made my
point without comparing with "way cooler".  That's why I'm apologizing
on net instead of off.  The Airstream was never really meant for the
masses.  It is something of an elitist object, in itself.  The prices at
the time were pretty high.  They had great fabrics and appliances and
were made way better than the mass market trailers of the time.  That's
why the recent Safari and Bambi models have gotten knocked by list
members, they had cheap looking laminates and trim.  And, Inside Design,
I repeat.....
"for the same amount of money, you can make an ugly trailer or a
beautiful one"  You did a fine job, I thing the "utility/surplus" (what
does THAT mean, anyway?) trailer takes interiors a step further in the
direction I'd like to see them go.  Note my slam of the other three
where nothing exceeds like excess!  And I'm only a set designer anyhow.
When I do remodel an empty sixties model or an empty (I wish) 2002
bambi, I welcome your criticism.
Tom Walden