[VAC] Re: y '59 Ambassador!

Steve, you are right.  When we travel to some of these rallies,  we go
thousands of miles, over hill, dale, rockies, deserts, citys, all
situations.  That trailer usually sits back there, and doesn't complain
one peep.  Your tow vehicle is under constant stress, pulling a load,
and usually with the a/c working overtime.  If I was going to pull with
a vintage auto, or truck, it would have a new engine, and a BIG
radiator, plus all the suspension to handle a load.  Even my little
Bambi at 1875 lbs empty, is about 2700 lbs loaded, so get a big engine
tow vehicle. and lope along at about 1200 RPM.  I get about 15 MPG,but
that should not be a consideration, even with $2/gallon gasoline.  If
you only get 8 or 9 miles to the gallon, then maybe it is time to
lighten the load, and switch to diesel.

Bill Scott
Charter Member and Membership Chairman
Washington DC Unit,  WBCCI   #3221