[VAC] Re: Genuine Ralph Lauren designed Airstreams

Its interesting... I got to see these trailers as they were in the process
of being re-something.  What was sad is that they tore out all of the
interiors and they were in a big dumpster.  I was told I could have what I
wanted, but did not feel like picking through a dumpster.  A lot of vintage
parts are now in some landfill.

The folks restoring them did not seem to know a whole lot about Airstreams
so if one were to buy one I would look them over carefully.

I had no idea at the time they were going to end up as $150,000 trailers.
Gee ... maybe I should put mine up for sale at $ 75,000,, I'll put
sheepskin on the bed...Any takers???

Ken Johansen
1959 Traveler