[VAC] Re: In search of advice from the Airstream Gurus

Hi Jeff,

I paid $2500 for a '69 Safari and thought I paid too much after I started
looking at the cost of the restoration work and appliances I'd have to
replace.  Especially when the most I could expect to sell it for in restored
condition would be about $5000 to $6000 if it were polished.

You didn't mention if the unit had LP tanks or a hitch included?

The seller probably intends it to be sold for non-travel.  While it's true
that your find is more restorable and may have a greater restored value, in
my mind, I couldn't justify offering more than $1000.  If  the intended use
the unit is for travel, at $7000, I wouldn't give this unit a first glance.

Just my opinion and as a newbie to A/S restoration, I could be very wrong.

                                                             '69 Safari, Joy