[VAC] Re: Moisture Problems]

As far as I understand, the clear lens is a backup light.  I think there's
been a bit of dialog in the past few days related to the inefficiency of
these lights.  I guess it could be cut into the turn signal light if it
didn't operate when the brake was applied.

Actually The commuter buses in my area have amber lights that do come on with the brake lights, and I've seen this is more than one semi-trailer.
The reflector is a different issue.  A replacement might involve taping the
bezel and screwing the reflector base into the bezel or prying the lens out
of the base and riveting the base into the bezel, then reinstalling the
reflector.
I thought about just drilling out the old retainer rivet, and gluing in a new reflector. On the other hand, what about just throwing a couple of more red taillight on in place of the reflectors. I wonder if there is a reflector version of lens available that would fit.  I'm a firm believer in the more lights the better.

Maybe the two inner and outers will be red, with the middle space on each side being the amber variety. I wonder how much work it would be to build a flasher that only came on during braking for the amber lights only (just like the buses do downtown)

The red reflector and the tail light along with the upper red clearance
lights would seem to provide lots of attention getting illumination.
I really like the notion of the amber signal/brake lights, I think I will make a project of it.  Is there any interest in my documenting things as I go. I always take pictures anyway, but I'll add some if other are interested.
Good luck with your modification.
Thanks, I'll most likely need it.
Wonder what the load on the tires and springs  or your unit is from the
white cap?  Bet it's a gorgeous A/S without the snow.
You're trying to scare me aren't you.  :-)

Well, the way I figure it, the guy I got it from, who wasn't in very sprightly condition most likely never got up on the roof and pulled any snow off of it. Now the trailer sat in the same spot for a bit over eight years in his yard on the north side of a mature stand of pine trees (taller than the Trailer- hence no sun to melt it off) Since the trailer went through all this and came out of it with a straight frame, i'm not to concerned about the snow loading on the trailer, especially since I have the levelers down and he didn't while it was in his yard.

Now having said all that, The photo was taken immediately upon waking from an overnight 12 inch snowfall, and I pulled most of it off right away. Here are some other photo's from other angles

--

bobb

http://64.33.167.222/