[VAC] Re: Holding Tanks, floor replacement, etc.

Title: RE: [VAC] Re: Holding Tanks, floor replacement, etc.
Jimbo,

I'd be interested to hear how your flashing repair works out.

>I noticed this same problem with my coach.  I'm considering
removing the lowest row of rivets holding the outer skin across
the back (above the bumper).  Then, slipping a long, thin strip of
aluminum flashing up under the skin.  The flashing would have
an 'L' shape with the lower leg going out across the top of the
piece that bumper lid attaches to.  Kinda hard to describe, but
does that make sense?  I'd love to hear any other suggestions
here as well. <

I have the same problem that everyone does with the rain hitting the bumper lid and running under to the flooring.  RJ solves it with a bulb seal and some Vulkem as detailed in his website.  I'm a little concerned since I live in Alabama and we get a lot more rain than he does and I'd like to make a repair that I won't have to maintain.  I'm looking at bending the lid so that it will fit under the outer layer of skin and bend upward rather than run to the floor. Just a variation of your plans -- sounds like that any way.

Keep us posted if you will.
Thanks,
Jason
'65GT