[VAC] Re: Pressurized Water Systems

Bill,
 Well, the best reason I can think of for replacing the pressurized
system is that the new RVs don't use it. Must be that the manufacturers
have all decided that the demand system is superior.

Blowing down our water system for Winter is very easy, just put one of
those Schrader valve adaptors on the City Water inlet and have at it.
The A/S had its pump on the opposite end of the coach from the city
water inlet so needed to be blown down seperately, but the pump itself
had a Schrader valve right on it. Took maybe 10 minutes to Winterize,
including dumping anti-freeze in the traps.

IF my old pressurized system was OK in all respects, I'd probably leave
it alone. However, if it needed work, especially if the tank was
leaking, I'd definitely replace it.

FWIW: my Thetford toilet in the Avion includes a hand-held sprayer that
is pressurized when you hold down the flush/fill pedal. It does a great
job of cleaning the toilet, using a lot less water than simply holding
the flush/fill pedal for a long period. We're fairly profligate with
water usage, but the black tank will easily go over a week, probably
could make 14 days.

OTOH: our 30-gallon fresh water tank is good for only a couple of days.
Much of that is due to my wife's insistance on using "real" dishes and
the water required to wash them.

                                            <<Jim>>