[VAC] Re: Photo file size (was: Holding Tanks, floor replacement, etc.)

Title: Photo file size (was: Re: Holding Tanks, floor replacement, etc.)

I know this is off-topic, but this is a good question that
can help the list.

Mr. Joy H. Hansen [mailto:joytbrew@patriot.net] wrote:

>  I don't know how you got the
>detail in 39KB as I usually end up with a 2X4 inch frame by the time I get
>the bytes reduced sufficient for inclusion in a post.  Can you give some
>details?  I've a lot to learn!

That jpeg is a scan of a regular point-n-shoot film camera.  The
scanner's software allows you to adjust a lot of settings.  By using
a small Output Resolution (around 150 or 200), and a Sharpen
Level of Medium, instead of High, you can reduce the size of the
jpeg's file size without making the actual image appear smaller.
Take a new scan tho -- trying to shrink an existing file will not
give good results.

Most digital cameras allow you to adjust the resolution used also.
You just need to play around with what you have.

Later,
Jimbo / '76 Sovereign