[VAC] Re: 1966 Safari

Harvey,
 The awning/rock guard on our '68 G.T. was in bad shape, cracked and
very fragile. We gave it 2 layers of fiberglass body cloth on the
inside, then painted the whole thing with a light gray color. It looked
pretty darn good, at least from the outside. Here's a pic:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/jdunmyer/airstream/jun23_04.jpg

Our Avion had a TV antenna just like A/S used in the old days. When one
of the gears broke, I removed it and replaced it with a modern WineGard
BatWing amplified antenna. Reception was never that good with the old
one, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Antenna came from Camping
World.

                                 <<Jim>>