[VAC] Re: 1962 Globetrotter Water Pump Question

The pump in my '63 GT is still working, but it starts slow. My pressure
leaks off after a day, but if it worked properly, the pump could run just
once and as long as the air pressure is still there the water will come out
of the faucet.

What I don't like about the system is that if there is a leaky faucet, the
leak won't quit until the water is gone. In my demand system on my '71 GT,
we just turn off the switch to the demand pump and the leaks will quit.
Also, if a pipe breaks while you are away, the air pressure system will blow
the water all over the trailer. The demand pump won't send anything if the
switch is turned off.

 The other thing I don't really like about the air pressure system is that
the pump has to run for several minutes to build up pressure. The demand
pump only runs when needed.

One advantage of the air pressure system is that you don't really need an
electric pump at all. You could always get some air pressure with a bicycle
pump!

To sum it up, I prefer the demand system in my later trailer.

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer/weimer.html