[VAC] Re: Brake Control _ Newbie Question

Christopher,

Thanks for your response on the need for a brake controller - and tahnks to
all the others who responded. I will go out and get one, promise!

I responded particularly to your message because of the Rover connection.

My trailer comes with a Reese load-equalizing hitch, and I've read enough
in the manual and the archives to know what this does in terms of balancing
the laod from the trailer across both axles of the tow vehicle.

I've also read the Range Rover manual enough to know that Rover does not
recommend load-equalizing hitches. I think I've figured out why -- the
Range Rover has its very own load equalizing system built into the
suspension, a "self-leveling unit".

So, does your Defender have this handy dandy thing? If so, do you use a
load-equalizing hitch or count th internals to take care of things?

BTW, I'd really rather use the Rover if I can because it gets much better
gas mileage - though, perhaps, towing the a/s will even this out. I'm
really looking at riding the backroads down to the beach or maybe poking my
way down to Cajun country for a week, rather than doing 75 up and down
I-95. What do you think?

Thanks again,

Greg