[VAC] Re: Electrical System...

>  Good luck in hooking everything up and making it work! <<grin>>

Thanks!  I'm going to need it!

> An inverter draws approximately 10 times the DC current as it puts out
> on the AC side. Your 1750 watt inverter can draw as much as 145 amps
> from the batteries, requiring 2-0 (two-ought) welding cable, and a short
> run at that. That same 1750 watts is less than 15 amps at 120 VAC.

I only went for the inverter so we could use the 110VAC regardless of
being connected to shore power.  I purchased a remote switch for it so
it will draw very little power unless we need it.  Also, i have a bunch
of 2/0 wire left over from installing winches in the Land Rovers.  They
have batteries under the driver's seat, but the winch kits came with
only enough 2/0 wire to go to the engine bay, so I had to make my own,
leaving me with the original stuff as extra.  Sometimes it's good to be
a pack rat!

> Why do you say you won't use the pump switch? You do need a method of
> turning off the pump at times.

I'm putting in a bank of master switches, and was thinking about moving
the pump master there instead of using the one on the wall.  I don't
plan on doing anything to disable it, so that if I want it as original,
it can be, but I like the idea of all the master switches (inverter,
pump, fan, lights, accessories) in one place, which is next to where the
meters will be.