[VAC] Re: Polishing to "not" a mirror

I don't see why not.  Take a look at a new sheet of aluminum if you get
a chance.  It is bright silver & shiny, but not a mirror finish.  That
new sheet of aluminum look is how they were delivered (with clearcoat
after 1962 +/-). They weren't etched or dulled down in any way.   Just
stop polishing when you get that nice overall silver gleam.  I actually
knocked the mirror finish back off mine with a fine-cut polish (Rolite)
because I found the finish a little too garish.

BTW, the great dry ice & dent experiment is over.  Pppbbbtthh!  Great
urban myth!
More later - need to get ready for a 4 day trip up the coast.

RJ
VintageAirstream.com