[VAC] Re: Accumulator Tanks

The plumbing diagram in the owner's manual shows water going from the
tank to a shutoff valve, then to the pump.  By the time we got the
trailer, the shutoff valve was gone, and there was a Shurflo water pump
installed in place of the original (in '92 according to the note some
previous owner made in the manual).  We ran the system for some time
with no results, and there was water in the line all the way to the old
pump, so priming wasn't an issue, either.  Anyway, it works great now.
There is decent pressure, but we've decided to get an accumulator, since
all the pressurized fluid systems with which I am familiar (these are
pneumatic systems than H20, though) that work well use some sort of
reservoir to decrease pump cycling and stabilize pressure.

When you think about it, it's sort of like having a battery in a car.
It's  a reservoir of potential energy (in the form of H2O pressure in
stead of Voltage) to stabilize the system.