[VAC] Re: generator

Becky,
We too have a 76 and use a generator on most trips.  We do a lot of self
contained tailgating and camping so it is a must for us.  I would recommend
at least 4000 watts if you use your air conditioner.  An original Armstrong
uses about 1800 watts if I remember and I would double that for the surge of
the compressor coming on.  Those small ones will work for lights and fans
but heat producing appliances like microwaves and hair dryers use a lot.  I
have a Generac 4000 XL and highly recommend it.  It's very quite and runs
9-10 hours on a 4 gal. tank of gas.  It also comes with a 30 amp plug and
breaker.  I would not, however, recommend carrying it in, or attaching to
the coach.
Randy