[VAC] Re: Accumulator Tanks(Optima Batteries)

I don't plan to do much winching with my trailer either :-).  I just
observed over the years that the Optimas can stand up to heavy use over
time, and it's one of the few deep-cycle batteries that can regularly be
used as a starting battery (winching is similar to running a starter for
a long time).  I agree that the Optima is not a good replacement for the
Interstate Group 27, but if there is room for two, you can get more RCM
that way.  I will have to do a little bit of adaptation to get two
optimas on the battery mount, but I've seen some good setups and should
be able to emulate them.