[VAC] Changes versus Value

We recently bought a 1974 Land Yacht Airstream not knowing anything about RV's and never even thought or shopped for one. Just heard it advertised so looked at it , decided price was cheap enough to see if we'd like camping and then came home and fell in love, found out and joined up to be able to receive the Blue Beret and then joined the VAC and have just become fully dedicated to Airstream.
  We live on a busy highway and hadn't put much thought into our find until people started stopping and asking if they could see it or if they could buy it. That's when we thought we'd better find out about what we had bought.
  As I said, it is a 1974 27' Land Yacht that was only used for 5 years and then kept in storage so everything is in like new condition except for the curtains had faded some and it had that closed stale smell.
  Now, I',m wondering if we made a mistake. We put all new carpet down except for in the kitchen with matching linoleum and took out the fitted (Top and bottom attached) drapes and hung new drapes throughout. We left them free flowing on the bottoms and in the back bedroom, there is a double bed and we took the bottom curtain rail off, cut a link out of it and moved it to the top so it would come out from the wall a couple of inches, then proceeded to hang new drapes completely around the entire bedroom as was originally, making them to open around the windows, and using velcro tabs to attach to the wall at the bottoms so we wouldn't have curtain hanging on us while we are in the bed. It looks beautiful with everything coordinating but I'm wondering, for vintage value, if we damaged it in value by these changes. We still haven't had it out of the yard as we hadn't found a receiver hitch to fit and now the wife has become very ill and we may never get to take it out and now that we know how people feel about these, we would be just sick to think we had taken anything away from such a precious piece of history.
 Under the circumstances, we have no idea of what one should or would be worth and no idea of what they cost new but just haven't taken the time to check the book, or papers etc.
  Have we spoiled something dear and precious? We were thinking that if we couldn't use it that we might sell it to someone who would appreciate it and treat it
with the respect that we are learning about with Airstream owners.
  We finally found a unit that it close enough to meet with but because of my wife's health, have not even been able to meet anyone.
  Any input would be appreciated.     Frank Navarro