[VAC] Re: Why Car & Trailer Battery to Univolt?

You are probably right.   Lights, blowers, etc. all seem to get really dim
when the engine is carnking and that means that a relay probably would drop
out too. Having a dead or low battery wouldn't help with cranking.

> Dunno about you, but I want my trailer battery(s) in the trailer, not in
> the tow vehicle.

I like one in BOTH places. That way I can have two. I can't really put two
batteries in a 21 foot (or 19 foot) Globe Trotter anyway.  With one battery
in the car and the other in the trailer, I can camp without hooking up to
110v electric ...ever. Since the car is always going someplace while we are
camping, my "trailer battery in the car" stays fully charged. The one in the
trailer gets charged (sort of) when I return to camp and hook the car to the
trailer again. When I use just the battery in the trailer (without hooking
up the car), my trailer battery will only last 4 days. The two battery
system has never died on me (except when my hot wire was broken!).

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer