[VAC] Re: Why Car & Trailer Battery to Univolt?

         Personally, I like relays better than diode isolators- but both
systems have their proponents.
         Tekonsha makes a continuous duty solenoid that should be available
at any RV dealer for around  $13- they don't have an amperage rating, but I
would make a swag that it could handle 50 amps very comfortably.
         For something heavier, Intellitec makes a relay system (several)
that senses the charging voltage, and doesn't engage the relay until the
voltage is above 13.3 volt, and one that uses a diesel starting solenoid,
but reduces the coil voltage to (IIRC) 4 volts or so, so that an
intermittent duty solenoid can be used for continuous duty.
         More info at http://www.intellitecsve.com/ - select "Battery
Managment" from the drop down menu.

________

         Chris Bryant