[VAC] [Fwd: Vintage Airstream]

Hello All,

I received the following today and thought that it may be of interest to
the List as well as owners of 1940's A/S's.  Ms. Leonard is the editor
of Trailer Life magazine.

Perhaps the Danaher’s 1936 Clipper might even be more appropriate but I
do not have an email address for them.  So if someone wants to contact
them then I'd imagine that TL will be very interested.

Good luck,

Tom Howarth

Hi, Tom,
Hope the weather is finally improving for you. California is being washed
away.

Trailer Life magazine is taking part in the Great North American RV Rally in
Perry, Georgia on March 18-19, and the magazine is celebrating its 60th
birthday.

I am looking for a 1941 (or any 40s) Airstream trailer to display on the
19th as part of our celebration. The company can get one to us from Ohio, on
a truck, but I'm hoping for something closer to Georgia. Do you know of
anyone who has a vintage 40s' Airstream who would be willing to tow to
Perry, Georgia for set-up on the early evening of the 18th and take down on
the evening of the 19th? If a classic tow vehicle is involved, that would be
even better.

I would hope the inside is fairly good looking (we can rope off for people
to glance inside), and I would set up some pink flamingoes and
indoor/outdoor grass, etc.

Can pay for reasonable gas, a motel for one night plus meals, and $500.00.

Perhaps you can post this request to your club members if no one comes
immediately to mind.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Barbara Leonard
(805)667-4352