[VAC] Re: re-insulating A/S

I haven't found it to be a big deal, Jill. Pulling out the cabinetry under
my center twin beds and sealing the drafty seams, then cutting the reflectix
to fit is pretty simple--took me just a few hours. I have found that tape is
not sufficient to hold the reflectix in place, so I'm going to try either
rivits or screws, either one equiped with fender washers, next. I'm told
that's how a/s with insulating headliners had that option installed. Then
I'm going to affix self-stick carpet squares over the insulation--apparently
a common treatment for newer a/s units. I think a tape measure, pair of
scissors, rivet gun, screwdriver, and caulking gun are all you'd need. No,
you don't have to gut the whole thing and remove the interior
walls--everything goes on right over them. If I were you, I'd do as others
have suggested--dry camp. Then you could use a piece of celotex insualtion
to isolate your sleeping area from the rest of the trailer at night, when it
is coldest, keeping your power usage minimal. An electric matress pad makes
for a wonderfully cozy bed, and lets you sleep in temps well into the 40s if
you like in great comfort. I think you'll be just fine.

Dan Weeks
75 Argosy 26
Des Moines
Outdoor temp 30 today. Indoor temp 66--heater NEVER turned on today.