[VAC] Re: Computing in your Airstream

Jodi: These are useful for all sorts of things. Right now, I have an
electrically heated car seatcover plugged into mine while I sit and
work--cozy! I also use it to recharge my cell phone with a car recharging
kit. Finally, for 8 bucks at Wal-Mart I bought a 1-amp DC to DC converter.
It plugs into the powerpoint, as these cigarette-lighter plugs are called,
and you can set a dial on the converter to have it output anything from 1.5
to 9 volts. The converter came with about 6 or 8 interchangable tips that
fit just about any portable appliance--tape recorder, portable radio,
etc--that you'd generally run on batteries. So, you just read what input
voltage the device needs, select the proper tip, set the voltage, and you're
all set--no need to buy wads of batteries.

Dan Weeks
75 Argosy 26