[VAC] Re: Hitch Height Adjustment

Harvey,
 The hitch I used with my A/S was a welded assy. that I had to cut apart
and reweld to make it work right. The Avion came with an adjustable
hitch head (EZ-Lift) that I had to turn upside down from the way it was
when I got it to make it work with my 1/2-ton Dodge. However, I was
right at the bottom of the adjustment holes, so when I got the 3/4-ton
Dodge, I had to do something. It turned out that it was quite easy to
add a 2 X 2 X 2 (approximately) block to the bottom, then drill one 3/4"
hole for the bolt. That got the trailer perfectly level when hitched.

Vehicles vary quite a lot in the height of their hitch sockets, but a
welder & torch will cure most mis-matches.

                                          <<Jim>>