[VAC] Whitewall trailer service tires.Radials

Whitewall trailer service tires were available in 1969 as these were on
mune when i bought it in 72.  How much further back they go I don't know.
Most older ones I see with truck tires (my preference also) but they
obviously are not original.  Trailer tires, at least the goodyear version
of that era were notorious for throwing treads at an early age.

The current 225/75R15 radial trailer tires are very close to the dimensions
of the 700-15.  It is still best to try one in your wheel wells.  The
problem is usually getting past the hub.  Trailer should be supported so
there is no load on the suspension arm.  It helps to hold a sheet of metal
between the tire sidewall and the wheel well so the tire does not hang up
on protruding rivets when being inserted in the well.  Of course inflation
after installing may be an option also.

Rick Davis  1602
Jamestown, Tn
54 safari