[VAC] Re: Room for Radials

On my 1961 Bambi I've successfully run radials for around 8 years. Also
my 1972 31ft. Sovereign has radials as well. Both tow very well with no
problems. The Bambi is my "traveling" unit and has seen many miles of
all sorts of conditions. Last summer in Wyoming it was so very hot and
we were out on the Interstate.  No tire troubles at all.

On the larger single axle trailers where max weight may be a factor
running radials will help on the heat buildup problem.

On the older Airstreams there seems to be a number of them where one
wheel well has more room than the other. My Bambi is one of these. My
solution was to change the offset of the rim on the tight side so there
is just barely enough clearance. Had to make sure that my spare would
fit in the tight side as well.

Pat