[VAC] Re: what brand of tire is good?

I can't say I noticed any difference in trailer sway when I switched the
type of tire on the trailer from bias to radial. If I rode in the trailer,
maybe I'd notice that the ride was smoother, but without doing that, I can't
say I've noticed any difference in that either. I can't even point to an
increase in gas mileage.  What I did notice is that I haven't had any more
tire trouble with my Cooper trailer tire (ST rated). The old bias ply tires
all succumbed to sidewall deterioration (the sidewall bubbled out) due to
excessive heat. The radials are a higher load range, so that probably
explains why.

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  -  Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter
http://users.penn.com/~mweimer