[VAC] Re: Blackwater Tank Repair

I had my 17 gallon black water tank repaired last year.  It was badly cracked
around the vent pipe fitting, that had ripped right out!  I also had some cracks
near the fitting where the valve bolted on.

Here in Connecticut, I searched for, and found, a tank manufacturer.  I brought
the tank to them. (First though, I had to really rinse it out and try and make
it...nice...which it wasn't <g>) I told them...once they asked what it was,
that it was a "Gray" water tank. 8)

Antway...these guys are all engineers.  They said it was definitely a "low density
polyethylene " tank. LDPE. Nobody knew for sure what it was before this...especially
me.

They welded a patch over the vent fitting and spreading cracks, then welded
in a new fitting.

It is like new...and smelled even better!

This company is called "Burt Process" in Hamden, CT.

They deal with all plastics.  I'm sure you can call for information.  The number
is 203 288 7354

Nick
'68 Safari
WBCCI 2577