[VAC] Re: Blackwater Tank Repair

I'm wondering if the gray water tank in my '65 GT is polyethylene.  It's made of an opaque, tan plastic material and looks like a pan with a flat piece welded on top--rather than molded with rounded corners on all sides.  When I think of polyethylene, I think of a thinner plastic that is translucent in the lighter color ranges.  My tank is made from a material that is about a quarter inch thick and relatively rigid.  Does that sound like ABS?

I agree about the use of silicone caulk -- or any other type -- to make a repair of this kind.  That's only for emergencies. Whatever I decide to do, I would like it to last for many years.  The blackwater tank is the last thing I'd like to see fail at an inopportune moment.

Harvey, Thanks for all the info on your search for a replacement.  It will shorten the process for me greatly.  I'll either repair this one(if that's possible), or go with a replacement as you have.

Jason Guynes
'65 GT