[VAC] Re: Statpower

Roger,
 The UniVolt was buried in my A/S also, but wasn't THAT bad. :-)

In addition to the controlled charging from the IntelliPower (with
Charge Wizard) is the fact that it's very light weight. IIRC, it's only
5# or so, and it's relatively small, less than half the size of the
UniVolt. It's also silent; the fan only operates if it's providing more
than about 20% of its rated power. On the Avion, it's mounted under the
front couch; I never heard the fan come on at all. It has a power cord
attached, so the only connection required is the output wires. The
Charge Wizard plugs into a connector on the side.

Besides the 3-stage charging, it automatically goes to "High Output"
every so often to keep the batteries equalized w/o overcharging. There's
a button on the Charge Wizard to manually select the mode if you wish,
but it is fully automatic.

I just looked on their Web Page at http://www.intellipower.com/, but
couldn't find any info on the converter, only their UPS systems. It
seems like they used to have converter stuff, but...???

                                      <<Jim>>