[VAC] Re: Broken trailer jack - help

Jon...

Our jack broke while I was using it...Bang and the tongue of the trailer
was on the ground!  Turned out it is a recirculating ball type.  1/8"
chrome ball bearings going round and round to jack up and down.  At some
point, the "stop" for the jack had been broken, and whenever the jack
was turned past the stop, the little bearings were being dumped out on
the ground.  Until the day I used it and it just didn't have enough
bearings left to do the job.  We dissassembled and put  50 cents worth
of new bearings in, lubed it and added a new stop.  Took a lot of
patience, but has a new life now!

Don't know if your jack is the same type or not, but it may be worth 4
bits to check.

Judy White, Metro Seattle and not raining enough!
72 27’ Int’l Ambassador
WBCCI #5040, VAC
mailto:dmurtha@seanet.com