[VAC] Re: 1962 14 x 14 vent/fan: replace -vs- rehab

Aesthetics.  That original Hehr 14 x 14 cover is nice, shines up well,
matches the trailer.   Not a big deal, but hey, I've got the choice, so I'm
thinking about it.  If I redo my 14 x 26 vent with the custom (homemade)
white Lexan cover, I'll make it so that only aluminum shows from the sides.
Then I can have the best of both for the large vent: virtually
indestructible Lexan, and the look of aluminum from the ground. (The
replacement covers sold by Inland are not Lexan. Sure, I can get insurance,
but I'd really rather not have the trailer get soaking wet from a broken
vent cover in a hailstorm.)

The quote on the Fantastic 6000RBTA , Lexan cover in white or smoked, with
rain sensor, 3-speed fan and thermostatic control was $178.25 , including
delivery to SC. That's pretty good. The plastic cover would show from the
ground.

OK, Wayne, so knowing now that great price on the Fantastic, why would you
want to buy my old vent/fan? What do you see as the pros and cons of each?

BH62GT/SC