[VAC] Re: Broken trailer jack - help

Jon,
Geralds advice is right on the nose, but I'm just adding a couple of points.
If there is an RV or Trailer dealer or even a car parts type retailer
near you, you can probably find a new jack in stock.  What I found when
I bought my first replacement, (I've now done 5 trailers with new jacks)
was that the replacement I bought had too large a column to fit the hole
that receives it in the tongue. I had bought a heavier duty jack
thinking that more capacity was better.  So measure the hole when you
have removed the jack.  If there are choices at the store, some may have
bolt holes that line up better with your existing holes. You could make
a template to take with you; however, it is easy enough to drill a new
bolt hole or two.  Get the proper bolts, nuts and lock washers to ensure
it will stay on.  It is a relatively easy replacement job.
Tom Walden