[VAC] Repairing/Replacing Rotted Floor Sections

Hi Jim,

While you are still in the "web search mode," feed your finder "Git Rot" for additional perspective.
Touch Tom Patterson's site, too. Check his postings on "West System" as well.

There are other similar products on the market with lesser price tags. I used Git Rot on the entry
way (2' by 2' where door leaked) of our '67 22' Safari several years ago. While at it, I sprinkled
sawdust (from a local Millwork Shop) in areas where the original wood was thin. Once it all dried,
the floor became like ironwood and impervious to water. The major benefit from my perspective was
SIMPLICITY. It was one of the easiest and most straight forward fixes I've ever done.

After reading the directions and watching the weather channel, I picked an ideal week, set aside non
interruptable time and went at it, used all the "Git Rot" and stepped back with a big smile. Three
days later, I checked it and tried to smooth a couple of places with my power sander. I use a mat
with rubber backing at the entry way and don't notice two tiny ripples. I don't get bent out of
shape by not being perfect.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net