[VAC] Re: Not all Airstreams are created equal.

I have two Globe Trotters...."before" and "after". The 1971 is a much nicer
looking unit and in a lot of ways is a better unit than the 1963. The 1971
is having problems with broken window hardware. What do you know ...the 1963
has broken window hardware too!  only, with the 1963, the windows are a lot
harder to get open with the cranks broken (I have a lot of them fixed
already). The 1970's A/S trailers are a lot like automobiles from than era
...too much plastic that breaks. I have 1960's and 1970's cars around here
too.  I must say that the 1960's cars are holding up better than the 1970's
are.   On the other hand, the 1971 A/S is holding up a lot better than the
1970's automobile is.   If anybody read this and thinks they should steer
clear of the 1971 models, I'd say they'd be missing a nice trailer!  We sure
like ours!!

 I'd have to agree that the 1963 unit is a simpler in construction
(especially the cabinetry)  and easier to restore with common materials.
They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA  - Home of the Groundhog
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter
1971 Globe Trotter