[VAC] Re: Not all Airstreams are created equal.

Jim,

I quoted on the list a few weeks back, probably just before you joined, from
a colorful book I bought in the Wally Byam Store at Jackson Center in
February 1998.

The book is titled "Airstream", written by Robert Landau and James
Phillippi.  Gerry Letourneau is shown, on page 70, standing on the entry
step of a brand new triple axle '83 A/S and he is quoted extensively
beginning on page 71.  According to Letourneau, he joined A/S in 1979 when
the company was owned by Beatrice Foods.  The article mentioned his history
of working for a Canadian firm that acquired distressed American companies
in order to bring them back to financial stability.  Thor bought the company
not long after Letourneau became president.  I don't know when he moved on.

As to your '68, I doubt that Beatrice implemented any changes that quickly.
My guess is that even the major body design change that was introduced in
'69 was probably planned before Beatrice bought A/S.

Harvey