[VAC] Re: Hehr window seal repl. ('59 - '65)

Wayne, (and y'all)
There are several pages here and some of us are on the previous page and
want the earlier 50's grey glass sealer and the black gasket that makes
the back safety escape window seal waterproof.  For my money Steve
couldn't go wrong supplying the whole range of extrusions from the
beginning to whatever is out of production.  You have all noticed on the
pre-59 grey gasket that holds the glass in the frame, how it shrinks and
dries.  It leaves a gap of one to 3 inches where it no longer meets
itself an is so stiff it won't stay in.  If I had new stuff, I'd
probably seal it in with clear silicon to help it stay, but it does give
a finished look to the windows.
Tom Walden
in RI