[VAC] Re: white top

Hey, its your trailer man!

But I have to wonder why you want to do it. Is it for that oversees
caravanner look, or is it to help keep it cooler?
I assume that you will be polishing your Tradewind. I found with my '60
Overlander that after polishing there was no need for much of anything else
to keep the trailer cool. The high shine that these older trailers can be
polished to does an excellent job of reflecting the sun's rays (and thus its
radiant heating affect). My trailer has only a moderate shine to it. Even
so, it stays cool. At the International in Dayton it got the real test. We
were in the sun with barely any electric. Just enough for lights, a small
fan on low, and to keep the batteries charged for those who had univolts (I
don't). With my windows open, a small fan on low in the rear window, on a
bright sunny 90 degree day my trailer warmed all the way up to 91! I highly
doubt that painting the top of the trailer any color would of obtained
better results.

I suspect that the trailers that were painted for the caravans were most
likely a few years old at the time, and had started to oxidize. When
oxidized these things become an oven in the direct sunlight!

Scott Scheuermann