indicate that the transmission of heat is less when
painted white.  I've got a couple reasons for wanting
to do it.

#1 - I won't have to polish the top.
#2 - I don't want to add an Air Conditioner to the
top, or cut a hole in the side.

your information is interesting though in that maybe
it didn't really affect the interior temperature that
much (noticeably) and that may be why they decided
against it?

At this point, I'm truly undecided, so hopefully I
will either get the "Yeah, do it!" or the "What are
you crazy?" responses to influence my decision...

Toby