[VAC] Re: Sway Control

Did the rig handle any different with or without the sway control?  Does it
help prevent the tendency to jack knife on a hard turn?   I've seen my
brother-in-law with his SOB trailer stop on the highway and get out to
adjust the sway control because he could tell it had come loose. (His
trailer is lighter than his tow vehicle). Would you have been able to tell
if you lost the sway control on your Airstream?

 I'm just trying to figure out if I want to spend the extra $100 to put the
friction sway controller on the hitch. My rig does not sway when a truck
passes and it is not affected by cross winds even with no sway control. If
it helps keep it more stable during a turn, however (less tendency to jack
knife or oversteer) it might be worth it.

Thanks
MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA
#15767