[VAC] Re: Sway Control

Chris, I agree with you 100%.  I have a Hensley hitch because I wanted the
safest; it has performed very well.  I also used a Reese Dual Cam system,
and it performed very well (on a different trailer).  In both cases, I had
a Suburban 2500/454 for towing, 3.21:1 rear end.  While my current trailer
outweighed my (then) tow vehicle (and, my current one), the only problem I
might have had was with braking - but I remembered to try to keep 4-6
seconds, minimum, between me and anything in front, and held speeds down.

As you say, there are too many variables to give a general answer.  The
only way to know for sure how your rig behaves in an emergency is to take
it out somewhere where there is plenty of room, and try it out, cautiously.

- Dick
(5368)