[VAC] Update on 14 x 25 (or 26) vent cover

Patrick and all,

Let me provide an update on the ongoing saga of the 14 x 25 vent
cover...

When we last left the story, one member of this list had lent her
original cover to a manufacturer who was going to use it as a model for
a new production run of the much sought after cap.  She never heard back
from them and had given up hope.

Thinking this was an area Airstream Dreams could come in handy, I
contacted all the old players, including the manufacturer (Lindeen) to
see what was going on.  I found out that Lindeen had been sold and the
old cap had been thrown out at the time of the sale (ouch).

I spoke with the new (and seemingly more professional) owner about
trying again, and he is willing. But we need a new donor.  We need
someone who can supply an original cover as a model for a new mold.  It
doesn't have to be in good shape, but it does need to be more or less
all there.  Until we find a donor (or lender), we can't move forward
with this highly requested project.  The new cap would be lexan.

If you have a cap you can lend, please contact me off-list to make
arrangements.

In the meantime, if people are desperate, contact Inland RV.  They have
had this cover made but I have heard the price is high for the quality.
 Perhaps others have better information about what they offer.

Steve Hingtgen
http://www.AirstreamDreams.com