[VAC] Re: WBCCI MEMBERSHIP

Maybe the problem is "a not for profit organization".  If they
were allowed to show a profit they would work towards having
a viable business.

I joined WBCCI last year and they asked me what number was currently on my
secondhand  AirStream.  My 8272 existing number was assigned to another
coach so she asked if I had a preference.  Anyway, I wound up with 8816.  If
I don't polish the A/S I will have the ghosting problem.  I mailed my
renewal dues in November 2000.  They received my money too late to make the
2001 directory.  In addition to having the ghosting problem I guess I'm a
ghost member for another year.

The folks at WBCCI know the membership is declining.  They should consider
striking a deal  with the AirStream folks and give a one-year membership to
every purchaser of new equipment.  My dues were $45.00 plus $10.00 for the
member at large designation.  I would think the out of pocket expense of the
red numbers,  a directory and the remaining issues of the blue thing for
that year might well be covered by the folks that renew after the first
year.  After all, the new owner would be stuck with the big red numbers on
his equipment and may feel some obligation to sign up again. But!  The
Region and Local Unit people should help by making newbies feel welcome.  At
least one benefit to the Region and Units ought to be apparent,   the unit
cost of caravans should be reduced.

Dean Sale