[VAC] Re: WBCCI MEMBERSHIP

*** Warning, slight rant with 3 grains of salt ***

Speaking of an aging club - and speaking objectively,
the WBCCI *will* either embrace the younger members or
die with the older ones.

is this arrogance? no.

I take issue with *any* age related disrespect.
calling a younger member arrogant is as much a value
judgment as calling an older member a power monger.

so, let's give ourselves some credit.  I value those
member's opinions that *embrace* the changes a new
generation of WBCCI'ers will bring.  And in addition -
with regard to particular things, let's say, vintage
airstream restoration - I place greater creedence on
the opinions of someone who has done a restoration,
than someone who has watched one.

so using that last thought to bring my point home, the
WBCCI will change based on the involvement of its
members.  Ultimately this is a CLUB - a group of
people with similar interests, and PARTICIPATING
members.  So, to all who're out in VAClist land I
offer my humble opinion: if there is no action behind
your words, some of us have no use for you.

maybe that sounds rough, but I'm a busy guy, work 2
jobs, restoring an Airstream, and as a one and a half
year member of the WBCCI, and the VAC I have thus far
volunteered to be a VAClist monitor, help develop a
more efficient and complex website for the VAC and
nearly volunteered to be 3rd V.P. in my local unit.
Would I expect that same level of involvement from
everyone? no.  but not everyone can be an "IDEA MAN."
Someone's got to lead by example.

Oh, and hey, an opinion is an opinion.  And that's all
it is...  This is a democratic environment - it'd be
pretty bland without differing opinions.

Toby Folwick

=====
http://www.airstream-bohemia.com