[VAC] Re: WBCCI MEMBERSHIP

Title: RE: [VAC] Re: WBCCI MEMBERSHIP

I agree with Roger, whom I met at the Olema VAC rally-my neighbor. The VAC-ers are really a fun bunch of folks, considerably younger in spirit if not in body and mostly irreverent, as am I. At Olema, I thoroughly enjoyed the young families and their small children touring my Overlander during open house. It was enlightening to see so many young folks so excited about Airstreams. Unfortunately, the WBCCI has become a retirement club for folks more interested in social activities of the elderly. This isn't necessarily bad, but it causes people who are attracted to Airstreams because of the magic they exude, but who soon find barriers to their participation. It's like my own local chapter which actively states it is not an old folks club, but then proceeds to list all the obituaries and members in hospitals in the newsletter. There is never any information about Airstream, the trailer, in the newsletter. This is not to suggest disrespect for the elderly and their health problems, but it turns off younger members. After all , I'm 55 and will be getting "old",... but never in spirit.

Randy Unter
'66 Overlander
Denver