[VAC] Re: 12V Drill / cig. lghtr. plug?

Bob, I would recommend a little overkill on the wiring to the cig lighter socket. I use mine quite a bit to power drills, TV's and satellite receivers. If you have it, you will also plug a lot of stuff into it. The greater the distance from the battery, the the lower the power to the devices. The low voltage warning alarm comes on my 300 watt Prowatts inverter, even when my battery(s). indicates there is sufficient voltage left. When I wire directly to the batteries, the alarm shuts off. Sooooo, wire close to the battery source, and/or use a larger wire with lower impedance. Also, separately fuse the line.
Randy Unter
'66 Overlander
Denver